Sunday, April 10, 2011

Miracles

It seems all too often these days that my plans for the day are not what actually happen...and if you know me very well I like a plan to work! Hello, my name is Laurie & I have control issues. There, now that's out of the way & you understand where I'm coming from.

Mom & Grant (my brother) stayed at the hospital last night with Daddy. I went home to spend time with my family which was much needed. Mom wanted me to go to church & come to the hospital later. I thought that was a good idea also so that was the plan. Well,
Mom had text me a few times & I just knew that I needed to go. Pastor Rick always says "if you have to ask yourself whether to go or not, then go." So I came on to the hospital.

Mom didn't know I was coming so she was surprised! I went over to talk to Daddy. I was holding his hand talking to him when he smiled at me! I about jumped straight off the ground! What a miracle from where we were Friday! I'm glad that I'm here since some special friends of Mom's from Magnolia showed up about 20 after I got here she was able to go out & visit with them while I stayed with Daddy.

He is resting pretty well & still very sleepy so we are trying to stay quiet. The speech pathologist came in yesterday & worked him some. He ate some applesauce for her & drank some water. He will have a swallow study on Monday to get some pictures making sure everything is going down properly. He wasn't too interested in eating this am, but it will happen. He helped bathe himself which was a really good thing!

We are able to see God's hand on everything all day long! God is faithful & we know He will give us the grace & strength to endure the days of this journey. As I reminded Mom this morning, we are not promised tomorrow so we take one day at a time & praise God for all the miracles along the way!




1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you had to go through this! I am also so happy that your Dad is recovering. I will continue to pray as our entire family is doing. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete