Sunday, April 24, 2011

Glorious Day

Today has been a glorious day! Obviously, not what I would have chosen or asked for, but God is faithful regardless! His plan...not mine! Worship was amazing this morning! I was once again reminded of how blessed I am even when I think things are bad! We are continually told in Scripture that "when" bad things happen we mist cling to our hope-Christ. He is the one & only way will be able to stand under the pressures, trials & heartaches of this life. I mentioned that Shawn & I participated in the first ever Good Friday service which was a very reflective time focused on Christ's sacrifice & death on the cross. Today we celebrated the life & hope we have in Christ in the power of the resurrection.

Daddy had therapy this afternoon from 2:30-3:30 so we all meet in the garden to have Easter dinner together. I made mashed potatoes, green beans & 4 Layer Delight then we picked up chopped beef brisket from Famous Dave's. Those are all some of Daddy's favorites & I wanted to make this a special meal for him as well as all of us.


He smiled a lot & kept eating so I think he enjoyed it. Shawn & AK hunted eggs in the garden after we ate. It was a gorgeous day to be outside & to be together! I know Daddy was tired, but he did well staying outside for a long time then he, Grant & Shawn headed back up to the room. We had some visitors today that helped make the day be even more special. Thank you to all of you who have taken time to come by to say "Hi!" We really appreciate it. (I'm sorry that I don't have pictures of everyone that has come to visit, but we did get one of Faith w/ Mrs. Helen for her to share w/ Mom's class tomorrow.)


We hung out in the room for a while then started saying good-bye. AK crawled up in the bed w/ Grandpa & really didn't want to leave. It was so good for all o us to see them do something normal together. She & Shawn neither one wanted to leave so we persuaded them w/ the bribe of driving through Krispy Kreme (works every time) Haha!!!!! ;-)





Thank you so much for your continued prayers, words of encouragement, visits, cards & calls. We appreciate each of you so much. It is by God's grace & Him alone that we have made it this far & will continue each day.

I hope all of you have experienced the love, forgiveness & hope of the empty tomb this Easter weekend! One of the songs we sang Friday was "Glorious Day." It's a newer version that's been released, but a very old hymn. I just love the message of this song-hope you do too.

Glorious Day

One day when Heaven was filled with His praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin
Dwelt among men, my example is He
Word became flesh and the light shined among us
His glory revealed

Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He’s coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day

One day they led Him up Calvary’s mountain
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected

Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then He arose, over death He had conquered
Now He’s ascended, my Lord evermore
Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him
From rising again

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming
One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my Beloved One, bringing
My Savior, Jesus, is mine

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Shawn kissing your dad and AK laying in bed with him is priceless!! Love it! Glad you all embraced your circumstances and still had a great Easter!! Shows maturity in faith--so proud of you guys! (I know that is the most random comment (-:)

    We sang that song today too! Such a powerful message!

    ReplyDelete